It is at times like these that talking things through with someone else may help. Sometimes your family doctor, minister or priest can help. Perhaps there is a particular person in whom you can confide. Or maybe Shetland Bereavement Support Service (SBSS) could help. SBSS provides a free and confidential support service to children and adults in Shetland. SBSS is not aligned with any religious group or political party, and follows an equal opportunities policy. All support workers are fully trained to deliver specialist bereavement support. SBSS is a member of COSCA.
To self refer, please contact us: email: email@example.com tel: 01595 743933 or download a referral form here
Please note: SBSS does not offer crisis/immediate support. If you require immediate support, please consider accessing the alternative support below:
- Cruse Bereavement Care (SCOTLAND) offer a national telephone support line: 0808 802 6161
- At a Loss host a free counsellor live web-chat service
- NHS Inform - self help guide for coping with bereavement and grief using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Anna Freud - crisis support for youths - 24/7 text service (free & confidential), text AFC to 85258
- SAMH - online support (wellbeing coaching and counselling) for anyone aged 16+ with mild to moderate emotional or mental health difficulties